Welcome to Nugget Bridge - Premier Competitive Pokémon VGC Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Firestorm

What shape are your feet?

52 posts in this topic

APPARENTLY THIS IS A THING

I saw this on Facebook so it must be true.

Posted Image

It seems my Sri Lankan heritage has given me Greek feet. Huy you are a biology person is this real? halp

Biosci and Dragoon124 like this

Oh wow.  So I assumed because of stuff like foot-binding that wearing shoes had the greatest effect on foot/toe shape, but according to the ever-reliable wikipedia (and, well, the source at the bottom of the page) ethnicity does have a large effect on foot shape.

Forefoot shape, including toe shape, exhibits significant variation among people; these differences can be measured and have been statistically correlated with ethnicity.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toe

Posted Image

Biosci likes this

So being Mexican/Filipino somehow means I have Egyptian roots based on my feet.I call BS.

Oh hey, look, Nickscor's my distant family member since I also have Egyptian roots based on my feet.

Anyways, I'm a Bengali-American and don't know how I supposedly have Egyptian feet. Not sure if this whole thing is valid.

Edited by honchkro13

Hahaha, this is such a random thread. My feet aren't really any one of them, they're like a combination of Egyptian, Roman and Greek... (when you'd expect someone British to be closer related to Germanic or Celtic... :S)

Roman, probably as a result of the last name "Valenti"

Although I continue to doubt the authenticity of the presented source

dude

you would question wikipedia and facebook?

I guess I can join the Greek club. I'm from Sicilian descent, so that's pretty much right next door to Greece. I mean both peoples love cooking with olive oil and making pizza with cracker-thin crust, so I guess they're kind of the same.

Mine are closest to Roman, which makes a bit of sense if you consider that half of my family has scottish/ulster/irish roots...now for the other half, dunno how it'd relate to any of them as those are all european roots and not asian.

Indian (smirk)

I'm indian too but mah foot shape is greek.o_O What is it with heritage these days? -_- I'm with feathers, Pokemaster649 and Firestorm. Greek.

Edited by DarkDan
parmar likes this

Mine probably closest resemble Celtic, which makes sense due to my pretty deep Irish heritage. They also resemble Greek, but much more subtly than the Celtic one according to this diagram.

Edit: Looking at the diagrams (as well as my feet) again, but this time not half-asleep, I have come to the conclusion that my feet resemble Greek much more than anything else.  I don't know what half-asleep me was thinking.

Edited by Dillon

Greek feet, although a combination of running and extremely flat feet has caused both of my big toes to be a little messed up.  Both have an unusually large inward bias, and my right foot has it much worse.  I've got like a little bit of every race though, so I guess somewhere there's a bit of Greek.