Welcome to Nugget Bridge - Premier Competitive Pokémon VGC Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nugget Bridge

Deoxys WiFi Event and Ray Rizzo's Metagross at Nationals

Pokémon revealed two new Pokémon event distributions today. If you've missed out on getting a Deoxys before now, you'll be excited to know that all English copies of the game will be able to receive the legendary Pokémon on May 8th over the Nintendo WiFi Connection. It will be Level 100 and know four moves that The Company Pokémon International has deemed "amazing!" Unfortunately (or fortunately), Deoxys has never been eligible for tournament play, which means you're likely much more interested in the second event announced today: Ray Rizzo (Ray)'s Metagross.

Read the full story here

ray's metagross isn't jolly and it isn't holding specs so im not sure why anyone would want it

It is almost as bad as Calm Ludicolo.

When will the pokemon company acknowledge that the strength of a pokemon lies in its ivs, evs, and nature?! I am so sick of all these supposedly "powerful" champions' pokemon that Nintendo distributes without a second thought.  

Chiron and Wolfey like this

I'M CRYINGI'M ACTUALLY CRYING

If it makes you feel better, Im going to South Carolina this weekend so I am no longer a disgrace to our state.

These "amazing" moves on Deoxys better actually be new moves like what they've done with Victini and the ilk. 

These "amazing" moves on Deoxys better actually be new moves like what they've done with Victini and the ilk. 

I'm almost certain this it the same as Masuda's Deoxys (it's the first Deoxys under the "Japan" heading): http://www.serebii.net/events/2012.shtml

iirc it can't naturally learn Nasty Plot nor Dark Pulse. So that's not bad at all.

I think people should really stop complaining about TPCi not setting the IVs on these mons

i mean seriously, 30 minutes of your time, tops

you already get the mon, with the moves, and a cool OT

what's that old saying that my grandpa always used to tell us about not looking a gifthorse in the mouth or something

ultimatedra and jstinftw like this

Then I'd recommend Pokémon and Game Freak stop using Individual Values to stress the difference in individual Pokemon and then turn around to say this is a specific person's Pokémon but not actually give it the same Individual Values. Not to mention that the majority of the people receiving these have no idea how to RNG and many of those don't even know that the ability to do so exists. Don't see why they need to settle for a Metagross that's supposed to be Ray's but apparently isn't as strong as his.

Edit: I want to note that I completely understand that EVs cannot be placed as that's not technically possible in the game right now. This is just referring to IVs which has now messed up two of the distributions by screwing up Abram's Cloyster's Hidden Power type as well as Ray's Metagross' speed. We do know that IVs can be set and I don't see why they aren't.

Shiny Metagross is so boringly overused and doesn't even look good imho, blue all the way... Gonna stick to my own real powerful Metagrosses, but thanks anyway! :D

Carl, Adib and Smith like this