Welcome to Nugget Bridge - Premier Competitive Pokémon VGC Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nugget Bridge

VGC '13 Southern California Regional - January 20th, 2013 - Won by Noobly9730 & DoctorRiceYouSee

143 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Queen Mary [ Map ]

1126 Queens Highway

Long Beach, CA 90802

Southern California will be switching times around and host their regional in the winter. Information on the venue has not been released yet but you can expect one of the largest turnouts on the continent here! This thread will be updated as more is revealed but in the meantime feel free to discuss and make plans! Attendees should pre-register for this event to make things move faster.

Attendees

• [*]Minun [*]Glitchy Furrystuff [*]V17 [*]TheCalmSnivy [*]shinryu [*]djbeardo [*]Biosci [*]uxsee [*]kingofkongs [*]Saboros [*]Bruno [*]Kaphotics [*]Pokemaster649 [*]emforbes [*]Ashclops [*]maski [*]NomCereal [*]KermitTheFrog14 [*]Human [*]Knight [*]KobraTail [*]NixHex [*]GeMiNi [*]DeagleBeagle [*]knawraz [*]Jackson7 D [*]Rocket Grunt

The Southern California regional will be held in the Winter (Jan 20).

maybeeee

depends if team canadia road trips to oregon or this or something

Edited by feathers

All signs are pointing to this regional being moved to January 20th, 2013 so I've updated it to reflect that. Don't make travel plans until it's confirmed though!

This is my only accessible Regionals, so I'll probably make it here. Hopefully it's not much of a different location, as Long Beach was easy to get to last year.

Pretty good chance I will be tagging along with some TCG players. I'm hoping this will be winter and not spring somehow, as the timing is pretty good for me as well. Not to mention it falls on a holiday weekend, making traveling a breeze to and from.

Its basically guaranteed to be Winter given the info on the official site saying there will be 5 each season but just don't feel comfortable removing the warning until a PTO posts confirming.

Detroit yeah, been looking for an excuse to go back to visit the Queen Mary again, this'll do it :D

And I just booked a room on the Queen Mary, I'd recommend booking in advance (you can cancel with no charge if it turns out to be elsewhere), as you know Regionals will be super crowded, and even more so on a ship.

Edited by shinryu

Me and Bruno hope to prepare for this event by waking up at 4 am and doing push-ups on the beach. Count us in.

Edited by Saboros
tlyee61, V17 and Nickscor like this

Me and Bruno hope to prepare for this event by waking up at 4 am and doing push-ups on the beach. Count us in.

Provided I don't crash and kill us both on the drive down.

tlyee61, V17 and Saboros like this

Psh, it is all about practice stylus swings.

Anyways, I'm going to try and work out a carpool with some of my friends (all TCG players, no VGC), so hopefully I'll see some of you guys down there. :3

Talked to my parents about this, boy, this place far away from a my place (I live in NorCal). So they said i might come, about 90% confident that I'm going. Sabaros, i'm going to beat you like in pleasanton, lol (no parahax this time ;))

Edited by Pokemaster649
Saboros and V17 like this