Welcome to Nugget Bridge - Premier Competitive Pokémon VGC Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zantar

Stat-boosting gems in X/Y?

42 posts in this topic

Just glancing through my guide, I think many of them are in pokeballs. Give me a minute.

[edit]

Or not. Apparently the only gem you can "find" is that Normal Gem with the dowsing machine in Terminal Cave.

Edited by mattj

Well the flying gem has been found in some cave and i know of rock gem but besides that i have no idea of any other gems being found yet

Well the flying gem has been found in some cave and i know of rock gem but besides that i have no idea of any other gems being found yet

Anyone confirm this?

And by what method? I'm guessing the rock smash thing!

Edited by FroZen85

i cant confirm the rock smashing thing myself as i havent found any yet and im beginning to think that this may be one big troll and there are infact no type gems found in Gen 6 yet (besides normal gem of course ...)

Although if anyone is willing to test i would suggest rock smashing in Terminus cave first to see if they find anything

i cant confirm the rock smashing thing myself as i havent found any yet and im beginning to think that this may be one big troll and there are infact no type gems found in Gen 6 yet (besides normal gem of course ...)

Although if anyone is willing to test i would suggest rock smashing in Terminus cave first to see if they find anything.

One theory I came up with is that they would appear between 8 and 9 like the mega stones. But rock smashing Terminus Cave sounds like a plan.

I heard that once you max your stylishness and unlock all the different furfrou styles, you go to the place in luminose city to get your furfrou groomed and the lady will give you the gem matching the respective style after you get your furfrou groomed in that style (so the deputy style gives ground gem, pirate style gives water gem, etc) 

Ezrael, dingram, kswas and 10 others like this

And by the way,does the Normal Gem work on Normal Type attacks that get "converted" by abilities like Aerilate/Refrigerate?

If you haven't found out by now, the normal gem doesn't work on converted moves.

Saezar likes this

It is super easy to max out your style. Just go to the pokeball emporium and buy luxery balls one at a time. Just keep mashing the A Button. I had to buy 150 balls then the Mega Stones in the stone emporium dropped to 10,000 and I was allowed into the botique. I will try out the Furfrou stuff tonight and let you guys know.

Stats, mattj, Arti and 1 other like this

It is super easy to max out your style. Just go to the pokeball emporium and buy luxery balls one at a time. Just keep mashing the A Button. I had to buy 150 balls then the Mega Stones in the stone emporium dropped to 10,000 and I was allowed into the botique. I will try out the Furfrou stuff tonight and let you guys know.

DUDE!!!! Thank you so much! I've been trying to get my style maxed out for the last 3 days now for Hatching Power, and this did the trick! 

Normal Gem is the only gem that has been discovered in the game. It is very likely that the other gems do not exist and will not exist given that Game Freak seems to be going for lower power on moves (nerfs to the the old 95 BP and 140 BP elemental staples).

PreyingShark likes this

I would be happy if they did get rid of them tbh :P buuut lets not forget the possibility that they may exist but are just unobtainable as of yet? 

do you have to buy all the luxery balls at one time or can you buy it in chunks. I would really appreciate it if you'd help THX :D  :)  :D  :D  :)  :)

Edited by pokebro1000

I bought 100 premier balls, 1 at a time, and the price of megastones dropped from 500,000 to 10,000. Just keep pressing A to buy them 1 at a time.

Normal Gem is the only gem that has been discovered in the game. It is very likely that the other gems do not exist and will not exist given that Game Freak seems to be going for lower power on moves (nerfs to the the old 95 BP and 140 BP elemental staples).

Yeah, I had a suspicion that this would be the case this generation when I saw the BP dropped. Bit of a shame since I'm a fan of them, but the change does make things a bit more interesting.

I've seen conflicting information on the web about various methods such as the above mentioned rock smashing, but without any concrete evidence or follow-up.

Personal experience: I did try rock smashing at terminus cave for about ~40minutes - no gems found. Haven't tested at various times of the day.

I also tried that furfou thing for fun, but I never really expected anything out of it.

Cheers everyone for the responses.