Stance Change?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Enemy

The Enemy
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hiya everyone,

I was kinda wondering how Stance Change (on Aegislash) worked?
I know that it's supposed to go into Attack mode when you choose an attacking move, and Defense mode when you use any other move (boosting or status).
But my question is, does it go into attack/defense mode before you make your attack/move? or is it a result of using those moves that cause you to switch formes?

If Zangief is good guy, who will crush man's skull like sparrow's eggs between thighs? (3DS FC: 3067 5229 3909)

#2 araluen7

araluen7
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

As far as the stance changing it switches when it's your respective move on the field, so if you're slowest, you won't change stances until after everyone else moves, and vice versa if you're the fastest. 

I don't know the extent of the moves that cause you to go from Offense to Defense, but I can tell you that using Swords Dance does not make you change back (found that out the hard way)

[14:45] araluen7: on a scale of technoz to 1337 how good was i?
[13:06] @Mikoto Misaka: i feel like you guys try too hard to be hipsters

#3 The Enemy

The Enemy
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

As far as the stance changing it switches when it's your respective move on the field, so if you're slowest, you won't change stances until after everyone else moves, and vice versa if you're the fastest. 

I don't know the extent of the moves that cause you to go from Offense to Defense, but I can tell you that using Swords Dance does not make you change back (found that out the hard way)

So does that mean for instance, I'm in defense mode, and I use Sacred Sword. And I'm the fastest on the field. Does that mean I switch into offense mode and then use Sacred Sword? or do I switch into offense mode as a result of me using sacred sword?

Wait, using swords dance doesn't make you go into defense mode?? WHAT? D:

If Zangief is good guy, who will crush man's skull like sparrow's eggs between thighs? (3DS FC: 3067 5229 3909)

#4 araluen7

araluen7
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yepp. So here's an example

Charizard speed 50
Aegislash speed 49

Charizard uses Dragon Claw
Aegislash changes into Offense, Aegislash uses Iron Head

OR

Aegislash changes into Offense, Aegislash uses Shadow Sneak
Charizard uses Dragon Claw

Since Shadow Sneak is +1 Aegislash will move first

The ultimate Serebii definition:
The Pokémon changes form depending on how it battles.

Edited by araluen7, 27 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

[14:45] araluen7: on a scale of technoz to 1337 how good was i?
[13:06] @Mikoto Misaka: i feel like you guys try too hard to be hipsters

#5 Fatum

Fatum

Krähenkönig von Bochum

• 609 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I heard only King's Shield brings you back into defense mode, have no way of confirming though.

#6 Stormfront

Stormfront
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I heard only King's Shield brings you back into defense mode, have no way of confirming though.

All non-attacking moves do this.

All attacking moves change you back to offensive.

Call me Storm

#7 xCetraTheWusky

xCetraTheWusky
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Has anyone else been thinking SUPER slow Aeigislash to abuse always being in shield form when your opponent attacks?  (You start shield, get hit, then use an attack (going last) switching into sword mode. Next turn use kings shield with priority which throws you back into shield mode before your opponent goes off).  Just a thought.

#8 Chauzu

Chauzu
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

It's easy to go around King's Shield though since it doesn't stop status moves and the like. I've managed to burn Aegislash many times so far in my games and it just isn't that scary after that. (Unless it's Special.)

Chansey Maniac

#9 OmegaDonut

OmegaDonut
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

All non-attacking moves do this.

All attacking moves change you back to offensive.

Nope.  Only King's Shield reverts Aegislash back to shield forme.

#10 The Enemy

The Enemy
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Nope. Only King's Shield reverts Aegislash back to shield forme.

Oh, thats kinda disappointing. :(

Oh wait, does this mean we can still use non attacking moves and stay in shield forme?

Edited by The Enemy, 28 October 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#11 fourganger

fourganger
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Oh, thats kinda disappointing. :(

Oh wait, does this mean we can still use non attacking moves and stay in shield forme?

So long as you're already in Shield forme, yes. Non-attacking moves (except King's Shield) do not affect Stance Change IIRC.

3DS FC : 2251-4982-4942

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users