Welcome to Nugget Bridge - Premier Competitive Pokémon VGC Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingofmars

Ludimoth Was Here, Topmoth is a Loser: 2013 Masters US National Champion Report

For those of you who don’t know, I’m kingofmars. I managed to win US Nationals. I started my VGC career in 2011 in the newly created Seniors division, where I placed top 4 at the NorCal Regional, losing to Unreality, which I then followed up with a top 16 finish at US Nationals, losing to Mosquito. After failing to qualify in Worlds LCQ and being motivated to make better teams for the next year, I managed to do very similar to my 2011 performance despite my best efforts in 2012, top 4ing Regionals and then losing round 1 of Nationals. However, my story in 2012 didn’t end at the LCQ for Worlds, as I made it through and then secured a 2nd seed after 6 rounds of swiss, losing top 8 to eventual winner, Dim.

Read Full Story

Found this article useful? Like this post to show the author your appreciation!

you listed duy's team as having 5 pokemon. I don't know if you didn't know his 6th or not, but I just wanted to point it out

Way to mess up my username hehe =P
Grats on winning! Your team was very interesting and it was great to see you play in the finals!

pball0010 likes this

you listed duy's team as having 5 pokemon. I don't know if you didn't know his 6th or not, but I just wanted to point it out

He mentions it in the turn by turn as being Terrakion.

Actually was a really good read though, and interesting to see how you came to all your team decisions.

A nationals report! And just in time!

Seriously, good team and good report, I know I definitely dissed this team in Under the Bridge #1 but I feel the need to again declare (a) kom is a better mons player than me (B) even if I dont understand the team and even if I would never use it it is obviously a good team and he won a really really difficult nationals with it. Landorus-I is kewl

Bopper likes this

Hey man, steel gem Iron Head is good. It's way better than Meteor Miss! I like that you pointed out how reactionary this team has to be played. Not that it isn't obvious, but I glanced at it a few times in the past and wondered how it was able to do as well without an aggressive offensive strategy of its own. This team is like the super-anti metagame teams I liked to make in 2010. Stay true to your play style if it works.

Really enjoyed the article! Your style of writing is also nice to read, I look forward to reading more of your articles KoM.

Nice report, and some cocky comments made it pretty enjoyable for me to read.

I really like your thought process, although it was confusing sometimes, like your infamous Ttar-Lando lead, which has quite some flaws like Scrafty, Suicune and such.

Of course I was interested in your match against Ashby the most, and seeing that he brought the "losing" Lead from game1 again in game3 couldn´t confuse me more.

Well, thanks to our sparrings I added Stone Edge on Scrafty shortly after my Nationals in Bochum, but Ashby refused to use it, and somehow I´m glad you let him pay for it, haha.

So Kudos and thanks for revealing some weaknesses of my team and making me the better sun player, I´m sure you will do well next year as well-how you do analyse your opponent shows it- and we´ll meet at worlds ;)