Photo

How To Hatch Eggs Faster in Pokémon X & Y!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PinoyPwnage

PinoyPwnage
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

If you're like me, the process of breeding the perfect Pokémon in X & Y may seem like a lifetime, and the process of hatching that flawless creature can eat up some of your valuable time. So, I put together a little guide to help you guys hatch eggs faster in just a few simple steps! Hopefully this nifty manual may be of help to all of you. My first guide, so please be lenient.   

Step 1: Grab a Pokémon with Ability Flame Body or Magma Armor

The Abilities Flame Body and Magma Armor halve the number of steps required to hatch and egg. Pretty useful, right?

Two Pokémon you can easily obtain in X & Y which possess this ability are:

Fletchinder (pre-evolutionary form Fletchling found in Santalune Forest or Routes 2 and 3; evolves at level 17)

fletchinder.png

Litwick (found inside Lost Hotel; located on Route 15)

litwick.png

You can certainly use a Talonflame, Lampent, or Chandelure with Flame Body to help hatch the eggs if you have either of them in your possession. Pokémon with Magma Armor such as Camerupt and Macargo are still an option, but it is highly recommended to use the two Pokémon I have listed above, especially Fletchinder because you can fly to the IV Checker in Kiloude City and arrive at the Day Care faster on Route 7.

Step 2: Obtain the Hatching O-Power

I'll be honest, obtaining the Hatching O-Power may take a while, but it is extremely worth the time. You must first obtain all the other O-Powers from Mr. Bonding, but luckily I have listed the locations where you will find him, and this should take you about 10-15 minutes tops. There are 16 total before the Hatching O-Power:

·         Attack Power, Defense Power, HP Restoring Power and Capture Power - found on Route 5 where you first meet Mr. Bonding. 

·         Special Attack Power – found inside Camphier Hotel.

·         Sp. Defense Power – Found inside Ambrette Hotel.

·         Accuracy Power – Found inside Dendemille Town Pokémon Center.

·         Speed Power – Found inside Geosenge Hotel.

·         Prize Money Power – Found inside Cyllage City Hotel.

·         Exp. Point Power – Found inside Anistar City Pokémon Center.

·         Befriending Power – Found inside Courmarine City Pokémon Center.

·         Encounter Power – Found inside Laverre City Pokémon Center.

·         Stealth Power – Found inside Couriway Town Hotel.

·         PP Restoring Power – Found inside Snowbelle City Pokémon Center.

·         Bargain Power – Found inside Hotel Richissime.

·         Critical Power – Found inside Shalour City Pokémon Center.

TIP: In Pokémon Centers, Mr. Bonding will be found facing a corner on the left side. In hotels, you must go upstairs and he will be always in the room on the far right, with the exception of Hotel Richissime (he will be found in the lobby next to a pillar).

After obtaining the other 16 O-Powers, you will have to max out your style in Luminose City, and then head to Café Introversion where he will give you the Hatching O-Power!

Step 3: Ride Your Bike On Route 7!

Now for the final step. This is a probably the easiest option to hatch your egg, as the Day Care is located on Route 7 for easy access and there is a straight horizontal path stretching from the entrance of Camphrier Town to ride your bike. Hatching the egg should take you approximately three minutes tops.

Other Options/Tips

• Bike in circles around the Prism Tower in Centrico Plaza. 
  • Ride the Skiddos on Route 12 in the Baa de Mer Ranch.
  • By completing the Regional Kalos Pokédex you recieve the Oval Charm from Professor Sycamore in his lab in Luminose City. The Oval Charm increases the likelihood of eggs appearing in the Day Care.

Conclusion

I hope this mini-guide I put together helped you guys out! With these three steps, it should take you 3 minutes at the max to hatch your precious Egg. If you have any questions, just reply to this topic and I'll get back to you!

Edited by PinoyPwnage, 08 December 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#2 shinryu

shinryu
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

Not really sure why Skiddo ranch is better, or why you would bother tallying the number of steps? I just stay on route 7, about a step down onto the road from the daycare guy, and just bike back and forth since route 7 is so long and you can go clear through to Camphrier town, all without even needing to look at the ds except occasionally to add a new egg, re-adjust your path if you accidentally hit up or down, and to check if eggs are hatching.

Edited by shinryu, 08 December 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Mudkip421

Mudkip421
  • Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

The Skiddo trick isn't that great compared to Centrico Plaza (from my experiences). Also, I can't either of those tricks, because it takes so long for me to get all the eggs from the day-care that it's not worth it. Although I do like Talonflame! I use that and Ludicolo in my party. Those are the only two Pokemon who can use Sweet Scent, Surf, Fly, and Flame Body.

EDIT: Shinryu, I believe "tally up the number of steps" was more like adding to the games counter, not tallying each step by yourself.

Edited by Mudkip421, 08 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.

0301 - 9873 - 9963
IGN: Luke

#4 Katsura

Katsura
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Nice little Guide, but for Step 3, most ppl go to the Main City, and Cycle around the Tower, just tap in on Direction and wait~

#5 DoppelGengar

DoppelGengar
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

You could probably mention that fletchinder/talonflame is superior to litwick since you can fly with it to the IV checker without wasting another spot for a pokemon with fly in your team.

3DS FC: 1332 7717 3647   IGN: Samuel

Dreamball and HGSS exclusive pokeball mons I can breed: http://freetexthost.com/zmd2jkcowa

#6 Carbonific

Carbonific
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

As DoppelGengar says, I feel like Talonflame / Fletchinder is easily the best choice due to his ability to use Fly, so much so that I wouldn't even consider any other Flame Body user. You can get from the Day Care and the IV Rater quickest with him, without having to use a second Pokemon slot for a flier.

Edited by Carbonific, 08 December 2013 - 12:06 PM.

FC: 2079-6319-7501 | IGN: David

#7 PinoyPwnage

PinoyPwnage
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm gonna go ahead and edit some parts of this.

#8 KillerConall

KillerConall
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Also might be worth mentioning that completing the regional pokedex gives the oval charm which makes it so you get eggs faster.
Luxray x Brobat best team.
XY FC - 2380-3320-5826 Electric Safari.

#9 Mullac

Mullac
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Why would you bother going anywhere else than Route 7? It's the longest straight route in the game, and gives you access to a PC for quick storage of hatched eggs, as well as obviously having the daycare there to resupply. It's easily the fastest method.

#10 PinoyPwnage

PinoyPwnage
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Also might be worth mentioning that completing the regional pokedex gives the oval charm which makes it so you get eggs faster.

Why would you bother going anywhere else than Route 7? It's the longest straight route in the game, and gives you access to a PC for quick storage of hatched eggs, as well as obviously having the daycare there to resupply. It's easily the fastest method.

I'll edit my post. Thanks!

Edited by PinoyPwnage, 08 December 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#11 voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I think Lumiose might be able to compete with it in some cases, since once you have a full party of eggs you can just fly there and put a weight on one of the direction keys and do something else until an egg is done, but it's probably only worth it if you're using parents that "get along" or better and/or you're hatching something that requires a lot of steps.

#12 Delv

Delv
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Centrico Plaza has an infinite straight route. That being said, I find Route 7 easier myself.

#13 Dragonknight

Dragonknight
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I find putting a dime in my directional pad in the center of lumiose city takes the least work for hatching eggs.

@DragonknightVGC FC: 0061 0886 5770 IGN: Fang

Pachirisu Sale

#14 camzeee

camzeee
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

I like Centrico plaza best.  Fill up your party with eggs.  Then fly to Lumiose and just hold down a direction button and you can just look away and do whatever else for a few minutes while the eggs hatch (got to press B repeatedly as well).

Pokemon X | 4957-3288-0090 | Ice: Piloswine, Delibird, Beartic

#15 PreyingShark

PreyingShark
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

I recommend going for a nice, long walk to get that recharge level 4 (other forms of exercise should also work). Or shaking your 3DS because you're a wuss). Then you can put on Hatching Power 3 pretty much the entire time when you take into account things like checking IVs and going to the bathroom.

Edited by PreyingShark, 08 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

FC: 3050 - 7685 - 5267 IGN: かつみ

#16 Chauzu

Chauzu
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Leaving route 7 is just a waste of time. Simple as that.

Get 5 eggs, activate hatching power, go back and forth until all hatch, and then either store them in the daycare pc to pick up more, or fly and iv check them right away. That is all.

Chansey Maniac

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users