Photo

Metagross Spreads

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chidori251

chidori251
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

So, I've wanting to use a metagross for a while but I'm not sure what a good spread is.  I've been using a 252/252/4/0/0/0 spread, but have been wondering if there is a better one.  I've been using a choice band but am open to use a steel gem or a better item.  The moves I am using are meteor mash, earthquake, ice punch, and zen headbutt/bullet punch (I've been alternating between the two).  Any help?

Darkrai used Dark Void! Opponent Disconnected.....

#2 Sabaku

Sabaku
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

If you're going to have an all-offensive set, you can either go for the full Attack/Speed set with Adamant or a 172Hp/252Atk/84Sp.Def for the ability to survive Heat Waves more often. You can even take a few EVs out of Sp. Def in the bulky set and put them into Speed if you want to outrun neutral Base 70s with the traditional 4 Speed EVs investment.

#3 Kasoman

Kasoman
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Or you can also make it useful in and out of Trick Room by giving it 14 IVs for speed...or lower if you want. Trick Room can be pretty dangerous.

Follow me on Twitter! @knakaz34

#4 Pikachu

Pikachu
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I haven't seen anyone use it but what about using hammer arm to lower your speed for trick room? Psychic and fighting have good coverage on non-psychics except Sableye, Spiritomb and Shedinja.

#5 Kasoman

Kasoman
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

You can try adding Bullet Punch to check Sableye. They always negate Prankster.

Follow me on Twitter! @knakaz34

#6 Firestorm

Firestorm

Pokémon Gandhi

• Administrator
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Plenty of people have used Metagross on their teams. Read how they used it and what spreads they used for a better idea of what you could use:

http://nuggetbridge.com/tag/metagross/

Twitter: @rushanshekar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users