Photo

Metagross Spreads

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chidori251

chidori251
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

So, I've wanting to use a metagross for a while but I'm not sure what a good spread is.  I've been using a 252/252/4/0/0/0 spread, but have been wondering if there is a better one.  I've been using a choice band but am open to use a steel gem or a better item.  The moves I am using are meteor mash, earthquake, ice punch, and zen headbutt/bullet punch (I've been alternating between the two).  Any help?

Darkrai used Dark Void! Opponent Disconnected.....

#2 Sabaku

Sabaku
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

If you're going to have an all-offensive set, you can either go for the full Attack/Speed set with Adamant or a 172Hp/252Atk/84Sp.Def for the ability to survive Heat Waves more often. You can even take a few EVs out of Sp. Def in the bulky set and put them into Speed if you want to outrun neutral Base 70s with the traditional 4 Speed EVs investment.

#3 Kasoman

Kasoman
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Or you can also make it useful in and out of Trick Room by giving it 14 IVs for speed...or lower if you want. Trick Room can be pretty dangerous.

Chee! :D

#4 Pikachu

Pikachu
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I haven't seen anyone use it but what about using hammer arm to lower your speed for trick room? Psychic and fighting have good coverage on non-psychics except Sableye, Spiritomb and Shedinja.

#5 Kasoman

Kasoman
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

You can try adding Bullet Punch to check Sableye. They always negate Prankster.

Chee! :D

#6 Firestorm

Firestorm

Pokémon Gandhi

• Administrator
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Plenty of people have used Metagross on their teams. Read how they used it and what spreads they used for a better idea of what you could use:

http://nuggetbridge.com/tag/metagross/

Twitter: @rushanshekar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users